Sunday, December 2, 2007

When I wake up in the morning light, I put on my blue jeans and I feel alright

Wow, I've neglected posting, but alot went down this week. The above title is in complete disregard of Andrew Call's clothing policy but probably applies to most everyone else. Anyway, today marks 2 weeks since a very long, hard run and I feel pretty decent and have got back to doubling the last couple days and have done a bit of steadier work. I had the pleasure of attending an O'Connells karaoke night for the first time with Libby on Wednesday. I managed to avoid getting roped into a song, but promised that upon returning I would step up to the plate. I was thinking of going with "Boogie On Reggae Woman" but might have settled for something else mellow. Thursday night skolnick and I biked around and cruised campus before settling down for some Scrabble at THe Plaid and then bugging a grumpy Hollingsworth at the Midway. Better still, I managed to make Friday lunch at Pepe's con Sacker. THe tamales were sublime, the staff eclectic and sttractive, and Sacker up to his normal antics. On this day his mind revolved around the possible annexing of Texas back to Mexico and then a recapturing of the state so they are a more eager participant and therefore acceptable participant in the union, even if some of their liberties are diminished. What can I say, the guy has spent some time thinking about this.
I think I have more or less figured the Boston will be the goal for this spring which will mean a little different build up than this past fall and summer and hopefully I will make some changes that will allow me to race a little faster at some $ races in the midst of high volume. Included is a hastily contrived link, but by no means a worthless entity, Forward Foods. Definitely the most comprehensive collection of cheeses in Norman, and much more...

2 comments:

Wade Cortez said...

i sumbled on your blog by accident...i was looking for the singer who sang the song. "when i wake up in the morning light...." i googled that i i ended up on your blog....i like your reads......WCC....
http://copiouscogitations.blogspot.com/

Patrick McSharry said...

Same reason as Wade , except I yahoo'd